Tuesday 30 May 2017

Auckland Writer's Festival

Auckland Writer’s Festival

Yesterday we went to the Auckland Writer’s Festival and we took turns going into workshops with New Zealand authors. I was in group two so our writer was Renata Hopkins, the author of Cry Baby and the Wind and The Rain. We did some awesome writing exercises.

Our first exercise was to think of story starters for fairy tales or as she called it wonder tales. I came up with two, here is one. It all began with a stubborn beast and a blood red rose.

The next exercise we had to do was think of a riddle, or a spell. I came up with three. Here is my favourite…..
You ate my cake,
That was quite divine,
 Now your memory will be mine.

Our last exercise was my favourite. We had to think of an enchanted object (e.g. Miss Potts from Beauty and the Beast). I thought of a house that looks haunted on the outside and only those who seek adventure will find the beautiful sights that once roamed a mystical land.
I learnt a lot from attending this event and can’t wait to use my new knowledge in my writing.

Daisy

Room 1

No comments:

Post a Comment