Tuesday 30 May 2017

Auckland Writer's Festival

Auckland Writer’s Festival 2017

In a faraway place, lived Renata Hopkins the author we had for our writing workshop. She started the session off with teaching us how to begin our story (E.g. Once upon a time there lived…). Before we could go on to the next process Renata read out one of her stories. Because she writes wonder tales she got us to write some charms, Riddles and Curses. The rhyme that I liked the most was from Rumpelstiltskin, it went like this…
“Today I bake, tomorrow I brew
The next day I steal the Queen’s baby-boo
Oh, it’s good; oh it’s no shame, not a soul knows
Rumpelstiltskin’s name”.
After we finished that exercise we had to write about an enchanted object. I wrote about a trumpet that if you blew it 3 times all you would have to say is the place you wanted to go, and then it would transport you there. Before we finished she read out one of her top stories, ‘The cry baby’, it was a dark wonder tale written like the Grimm Brothers.
This session will help me when I want to write narratives, I can use a mysterious starting sentence, Rhymes and Enchanted objects in my story. I really enjoyed my time at the 2017 Writer’s Festival!J

By Adirua, Room 1  

No comments:

Post a Comment