Tuesday 30 May 2017

Auckland Writer's Festival

Auckland Writer’s Festival 2017

On Tuesday the 16th May, Sandra, Alifeleti, Hope, Wilson and I went to a writer’s workshop, where we learnt about how to draw and describe characters.

 Our teacher, Zak Waipara, told us to choose a fairy tale and a genre, then put them together which allowed us to use a well-known story and create something new. So, Sandra, Alifeleti and I chose Goldilocks and our genre was fantasy. We decided to make the bear’s mutant by turning them into half bear, half wolf. We struggled with the drawing part, but it was fun to try another way to start the writing process.

Those 45 minutes of my life will help me improve my writing because I can now visualise my characters even more, which will mean I can add more detail to any of my stories.

I enjoyed my time at the 2017 Writer’s Festival!


By: Lorisha, Room 1

No comments:

Post a Comment