Tuesday 30 May 2017

Auckland Writer's Festival

Tuesday 15 May, 2017 term 2

Auckland Writer’s festival


One thing I can say about yesterday… tiring. After a long bus trip, I almost fell asleep. When we had finally got to the amazing writer’s festival, every school was dying to get to the authors.
At the festival I learnt that when you are writing you can steal what other people are writing in their books if their idea makes me think of something from my past or something I’m interested in.
In the workshop i went to, there was a man waiting there for us, His name was David Hill. While we were there with him he taught us to go back to something you would like to back to, like a place, animal, person or getting revenge on someone.  He also mentioned topics, tricks and targets. Those things mean the topic you are writing about. Tricks you wrote in your story that made it sound more interesting, AND Targets are things you are aiming for like achieving goals, getting you writing published.


Chantana ,   Room 1

No comments:

Post a Comment